11.10.2015

Neon Embossing // Hero Arts + WPlus9

It feels like I haven't played along with a non-design team challenge in forever, so I'm here today with a pretty vibrant and funky card.


I wanted to play with my el cheapo embossing powders in a funky way, so I pulled out some bright cardstock scraps and went to town. The powers are from Hampton Arts - I like their gold, white and clear embossing powders, but their colored embossing powders aren't very crisp (luckily that's okay for this card). They also smell kinda funny, like chalk.


To make sure that the sentiment could be distinguishable from the distracting background, I stamped the sentiment on vellum and framed it with a black cardstock die cut circle. I had the "for everything" banner already stamped from a previous project, but I didn't like how it turned out for that project. However, since this was just a quicky project, I decided to use it - I really love to use up my scraps, imperfect as they are.

This card is for the WPlus9 Get Sketchy #4 challenge, the Simon Says Stamp thanks challenge, and the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge (neon).

Thanks for stopping in today and God bless!

SUPPLIES


Cardstock: Canson, Bazzill
Stamps: Hero Arts Designer Woodgrain, WPlus9 Hand Lettered Thanks
Ink: Versamark, Stazon
Other: embossing powders (Hampton Arts), sequins (Avery Elle), vellum

Tools: Cuttlebug, Lifestyle Crafts circle dies

5 comments:

  1. Way to turn some classic stamps into Hip/ Trendy card:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, love how the black really helps to make the colours pop.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome creation with the cheap embossing powder :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)