4.02.2013

Throwback Tuesday #3

We're starting off April's Throwback Tuesday's off with a bang, people!

The deets: every Tuesday, I will post a card that has been sitting in the draft closet too long. At the end of each month, I will randomly select a winner from all the valid challenge entries!
The challenge: link up an old papercraft related blog post, card photo, or post one of your old drafts/pictures! An additional entry will be given to those who comment on the Throwback Tuesday posts for that month.
The prize: a big ol' box stuffed with scrapbooking goodies! 
Sorry, but due to crazy shipping costs, this challenge is open to the US only!

The card today is just...ugh. And now for my thoughts on it from approximately two years ago. ;)

That ugly bow thing was made with scraps...I didn't mind it before, but looking at the pic, I am so....ewwwww. I accidentally got some brown dye in my blue ribbon, which explains the yucky color.
So, to make up for the yucky ribbon, I added some lovely Websters Pages bloomers. {Sigh} Love. That. Stuff.



The fix: first off, that bow/blob has GOT to go. I cringe just looking at it! The stitching here is also pretty pathetic - I can tell now that I obviously didn't have the tension tight enough. Also, that big button is clashing with those fluffy bloomers. I think I also might want to round the corners of the base, to soften the look up a bit. I'm not crazy now about using huge sentiments on shabby cards - I usually like the focus to be on some pretty mass of things, and then sneak the sentiment in some corner. ;)



**********************************
Card recipe
Cardstock: LSS
Patterned paper: K&Co "Wild Saffron", October Afternoon "Thrift Shop"
Stamps: Waltzingmouse "Fancy Phrases" and "Very Vintage Labels 1"
Ink: Ink It Up!, Tim Holtz Distress Ink "Walnut Stain"
Ribbon: Websters Pages
Pearls: Prima
Button: Websters Pages

Tools: trimmer, adhesive, scissors, sewing machine, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities,

3 comments:

  1. Clare..girl...I love this card..I love the ribbon and it's not a blob..I don't think you need to change a thing about it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't amazing how you change as the years go by. Your cards now are much more sophisticated Clare. Not that I think this one is UGLY... but definitely not as good as now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare, even though styles and trends change, I think your card is pretty, I like the bow, ribbon and the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)