2.28.2017

Rainbow Thanks + VIDEO // Hero Arts

Squeezing in one last quick post (and a video!) for February.

Again, starring the February My Monthly Hero kit - I'm a little obsessed. The March kit also promises to be a doozy, so don't feel down if you missed out on this one. ;)

I only planned on making the right one, but while filming the video, the second just happened.


I started my rainbow cards out with a Sea card base, that I stamped using the gorgeous Kelly's Background Squares and then heat embossed in clear Sparkle embossing powder.


Isn't that such a pretty background? Hero Arts has some other really pretty backgrounds, like Kelly's Background Stars, Floral Wallpaper Background, and Doily Pattern.


I die cut a white cardstock panel using the Rectangle Infinity dies, then stamped and heat embossed sentiment from Thanks Stamp and Cut.


For the "thanks" die, I heat embossed a piece of black cardstock with Black Detail embossing powder, then die cut it. I do this so that I can get that extra shine from the black powder - it's something I especially love doing with the Black Sparkle embossing powder.


The umbrella's were from the main kit, which is sold-out and unavailable, but I listed some good substitutions for them in THIS blog post. Anyways, I stamped and heat embossed the umbrellas, colored them in quickly with my ZIG's, die cut them, and adhered them to my card base! All done! 

One quick question - has anyone else noticed their red ZIG ink being rather messy? Even when heat set, the red ink seems to very easily come off at slight touches.
Lastly, pay no heed to the fact that my rainbow is out of order! Lol, didn't realize until I was doing the voice over for the video! Let me know if you catch it, because it apparently was sneaky enough for me to make the mistake on both cards. ;)

VIDEO


It's been awhile since I've done one of these, and this one is a quicky!


If you are having problems viewing this video, please try watching it HERE on YouTube.


SUPPLIES


Cardstock: Hero Arts Sea Layering Paper
Stamps: Hero Arts 2017 February My Monthly Hero kit (see substitutions HERE), Thanks Stamp and Cut and Kelly's Background Squares
Ink: Versamark, ZIG pens

Tools: heat gun, Cuttlebug, Hero Arts 2017 February My Monthly Hero kit coordinating die, Thanks Stamp and Cut die and Rectangle Infinity dies

4 comments:

  1. It's a novel sentiment and how fun! This reminds me to drink lots of water! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea rainbow colors for umbrellas. Enjoy that lots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card. Going to subscribe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cards!!! So many ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)