2.25.2017

Quick Sunshine // Hero Arts

Today I'm sharing some quick cards I made using this month's My Monthly Hero - these cards use an image from the main kit, but I found some substitute stamps you could use (continue reading for more info!) and also, the design is something pretty to easy to replicate with a number of different images anyways. ;)

For my first card, I stamped the umbrella image (from the main kit stamp set) in Pale Tomato, Rusty Blue, Passion Flower and Fresh Peach - not my usual color combo, but something I was inspired to use from browsing Pinterest.


For the sentiment, I heat embossed a message from the Color Layering Graphic Flowers stamp set. This stamp set is such a staple - images that work for various styles and occasions, with such well crafted sentiments.


For my second card, I stamped a whole rainbow of umbrellas, using Grape Juice, Orchid, Crimson, Soft Apricot, Fresh Lawn, Dandelion, Deep Ocean and Summer Sky


This card would take a little longer to create than the first, just because you'd have to clean off the image more in between using all the different colors.


Same sentiment idea, and for both cards, I adhered some little hearts I die cut using Sun Showers Cutting dies - I think this die has the most perfect little heart shapes ever!

As I mentioned at the beginning of the post, the umbrella stamp comes from a limited edition kit by Hero Arts that sold out, so I have some substitute suggestions.


I found these all real quick browsing through my Hero Arts 2017 catalog, so basically just check any simple line image sentiments you may already have and you have something fun in store!

MY MONTHLY HERO KIT


In case you haven't heard about My Monthly Hero, or you're just a little confused about it, THIS page has all the info!

The March kit will be coming in about two weeks, so keep a lookout! If you're worried about missing a kit - they often sell out extremely quickly - you can become a subscriber.

Hope that helps, and please feel free to ask me any questions! Have a great weekend and God bless!

SUPPLIES


Cardstock: Canson Bristol (white), Bazzill (black)
Stamps: Hero Arts February 2017 My Monthly Hero (sold out - similar stamps listed above) and Color Layering Graphic Flowers
Ink: Pale TomatoRusty BluePassion FlowerFresh PeachGrape JuiceOrchidCrimsonSoft ApricotFresh LawnDandelionDeep OceanSummer Sky and Versamark,
Other: Hero Arts Ocean, Blush, Blue, Green, Sunshine, and Purple sequins, White embossing powder

Other: heat gun, Cuttlebug, Hero Arts Sun Showers Cutting dies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)