6.13.2015

Watercolored Roses // Altenew

Popping in with a simple card for Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge (friends), Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge (plants) and Altenew's From Places Abroad: Tunisia challenge. As with last month's challenge, I was mostly driven by the striking colors - navy, teal, and orange/gold.


I was really just playing around on this card. For the flowers, I sometimes lightly misted them with water before stamping, and sometimes I stamped them directly and went back in with water and a paintbrush to soften things.
I don't know about you, but I am a huge fan of the watercolor trend - messiness is not only encouraged, but required! ;)

Oh, and isn't that sentiment so fun? I know many friends who this would be perfect to send to.

Thanks so much for stopping in and have a blessed weekend!

*************************************



Cardstock: Canson
Sentiment stamp: Papertrey Ink
Colored inks: Studio Calico

5 comments:

  1. Love your technique and the soft look you created!! Very pretty results!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous! Love those beautiful flowers. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you like watercoloring, Clare, because it sure likes you! This is a beautiful watercolored work of art and a sweet layout! And, yes, I do love that sediment!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)