7.26.2015

Coloring Patterned Paper // My Favorite Stamps

Hi there! Today's card is for the My Favorite Things sketch 238 challenge, the Simon Says Stamp Monday "i" (I used ikat) challenge, and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Sparkle and Shine challenge.

Let me just start this off by saying how flipping cute Birdie Brown's Birthday Bears stamp set is. Not only is it possibly my favorite animal stamp set ever, but my younger sister Rosie, who, if you recall, is one of my biggest critics (but also supportive - she's strange that way ;)) saw it and declared it her favorite stamp set I've ever gotten.
How's that for praise? ;)


I used the cute Best Friends stamp set to transform the birthday themed bear set into a baby boy card.
The balloon has Glossy Accents on it, but it's difficult to tell in these photos...


Coloring patterned papers is actually really fun - you just need to use lighter colored papers, with more subtle or less distracting patterns. I colored the bow of my present, then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder for a "satiny" finish to the bow.
The grid background behind the bear, the present and the balloon are all patterned papers that you could easily add color to. If the patterned paper is already colored, it's best to stick with colors that are in the pattern, or the color might look a little funky. For the present, I just used a darker shade of orange.


That's it for me today! Thanks for stopping in and have a blessed Sunday!

***************************************************
Cardstock: Canson, Papetrey Ink
Patterned paper: Crate Paper "Journey" and "Pretty Party"
Stamps: My Favorite Things "Birthday Bears" and "Best Friends"
Ink: Versafine, Versamark, Tim Holtz
Other: clear embossing powder, Glossy Accents

Tools: heat gun, Cuttlebug, My Favorite Things "Birthday Bears" stamp set

7 comments:

  1. I have to agree, Clare...that MFT bear set is absolutely adorable! I have a thing for the Birdie Brown designs...have you seen her Santas? Also a fave! Love the idea of coloring on patterned paper...adds even more interest! Such a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding me, Clare? A gingham balloon?! As if that bear isn't the cutest flippin' thing in Blogland right now, you have him holding a gingham balloon!! Which sends me over the moon!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, adorable baby boy card! Oh no, now you have me going off to look at a new stamp co. Love this Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe, such an adorable baby card! Glad to hear you're enjoying coloring patterned papers. I should try that too! Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aaaaawwww, what an adorable card!!! I love your little bear. Awesome! <3
    I have to add those stamps to my wishlist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so super cute! Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! I love that bear diecut from kraft!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)