9.07.2014

You party animal

...I just love THIS sentiment from Avery Elle, and thought it went perfectly with the fox on my card today.

I made this card right before I left for Austria, so this is for the Foxy Foxes Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. Honestly, I'm a little sad that not many people play along with the Moxie Fab challenges any more, especially because most of them are so fun!


For little Mr. Foxy, I embossed his face with clear embossing powder, then I brushed the cardstock with cornstarch right before my next layer of embossing. This helps the embossing powder stick only to the places I put sticky ink.
Then I took my Versamark pen and "colored" in the face, then embossed it in white. Another thin layer of cornstarch (just to make sure the embossing powder didn't stray) and then the last embossing, with orange. The cornstarch brushes off without leaving much, if any, residue, and is very helpful, if you don't have an anti-static embossing brush. 
The embossing powders I used were pretty cheap, which is probably why the fox's face is a little blotchy.
I topped off Mr. Foxy with a fun wreath stamp I was dying to use, a gem, and then adhered it to the card base, with the sentiment already heat embossed. 

Thanks so much for stopping in today and God bless! 

**********************************
Cardstock: Canson
Stamps: Hero Arts "Fox" and "Sundrifter: Love This", Avery Elle "
Ink: Versamark
Other: embossing powder (Hampton Arts), gems (Michaels)

Tools: heat gun, Nestabilities Circles die, Cuttlebug

4 comments:

  1. Shhhhhh, don't tell the rest of Blogland but I think this might just be my favorite card of the day! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw....CUTE! You know how to make it FOXY, Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really a cool fox card - love the embossing and the sentiment!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)