2.05.2014

Special Day

...I had one today - my university finally closed for the day due to terrible weather!

This is for WPlus9's birthday challenge - comfort zone.
The thing is, I don't have a comfort zone, a set style.
I used to be a pretty much shabby chic kinda girl, then I got more simple, then graphic, and now I just kinda wander from one style to another. I do like detail though, and that's pretty much the only consistent thing you'll see in my cards. ;)


I have absolutely no idea how to make the cool "scattered thread" thing look so perfectly imperfect, but here's my go at it. ;)

To continue on with my little "500th post" celebration, today, I'll be giving away a goodie bag filled with embellishments! Just leave a comment, and maybe tell me what your favorite type of embellishment is, and you'll be entered!

Also, I just want to thank you again for all the kind comments - I really appreciate your encouraging and thoughtful responses to my feelings concerning "rejects".
I thought I'd share this little graphic while I'm on the topic...


...it's something I'm really trying to make second nature to me. Till then, the struggle is real. ;)

Thanks so much for stopping in today!

******************************
Cardstock: Strathamore, Bazzill
Stamp: WPlus9 "Fresh Cut Florals"
Ink: Versamark
Die-cuts: Dear Lizzy "5th and Frolic"
Other: string, embossing powder (Martha Stewart), doily, enamel dots (My Minds Eye)

Tools: heat gun, Cuttlebug, MFT Framed Greetings die


8 comments:

  1. Such true words, that quote! Also hard to follow if you're competitive at all. But at my advanced age now, joy is why I do this.

    Love the mix you brought together for this card; I'm hoping to get my card together and entered, too - what a great giveaway, huh?

    Hope you enjoyed your "day off"! Sounds like more is on the way! What a winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quote Clare, don't we all have to be reminded of it at some point. You are unique and l love your style and designs, stay that way:-) a beautiful card with the lovely layers on your card!!
    I have been using a lot of sequins recently to embellish seeing that it's pretty, trendy and inexpensive, can't beat that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that quote caught my eye.. was trying to reflect it back in my life.. and ive realised of the moments i messed up cos of comparision.
    and wow clare! the card is perfectly comforting and very inspiring!! love the soothing colours and the precious details..
    its indeed beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'll print that quote and out it on my desk! And then we're gonna struggle together... ;-) About the thread, I was just thinking "wow, she does that really well!" when I read what you wrote, hee hee! For me it does look great, any advice for me?...
    My favorite embellishments seem to be brads, eyelets, gems & Co. Have plenty of the first two. But am trying others, too. Like wood veneer. Or sequins. Yeah, that's me trying to get trendy a little! :) Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thatta girl!
    Your card is striking - the black label with white sentiment jumps off the pastel, soft rest of the card. Very lovely. Hope you enjoyed your snow day. We're still waiting for our first snow here in Germany...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card and the thread is perfect...can't imagine how it would look if tried it...love the quote too....reminds me of a crafty friend who passed away a months ago...her favorite word was Joy...and I know she would of agreed with your quote...
    I love using pearls at the moment...

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful card and i love how you used those colors and the design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! And I don't know the trick to the thread either. I've tried a few times and I can never quite achieve perfectly imperfect either.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)