11.30.2013

Noel

Thanksgiving is over, so I can officially listen to Christmas music without anyone complaining...though I've been listening to the Nutcracker nonstop the past two weeks to pull me through school. ;)
Popping in real quick with two cards I made over this Thanksgiving break for the Hero Arts Holiday Challenge (I used my favorite Christmas stamp, and the Iron-Off technique Jennifer McGuire showed) and the Simon Says Anything Goes challenge.


These cards were so hard darn to photograph, with the acetate and all. My siblings really liked them though, which says something because they're usually my toughest critics. ;)



The sibs liked this second card better, but I prefer the first one myself, though this one certainly took more time.



I may or may not have strung these sequins when I was supposed to be studying for a bio test...


That's it for me - I'm gonna try to savor the last sweet hours of my break!

Thanks for stopping in and God bless!

**************************************
Cardstock: Canson, Kraft (cardstock border - David Tutera)
Stamps: Hero Arts "Merriest Christmas Wishes"
Ink: Versamark, Tim Holtz
Patterned paper: Carta Bella "Hello Again"
Other: sequins (Avery Elle), clear embossing powder (Hampton Arts), acetate (stamp packaging), clear thread, pearls and twine (Michael)

Tools: heat gun, water, paintbrush, PTI Tiny Tags die, Cuttlebug

10 comments:

  1. These are AMAZING! The best I've ever seen that Hero Arts image used! My fave is the first one, too. :) Thanks for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just ABSOLUTELY gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Love Hero Arts and Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember a similar one using this stamp last year - love these just as well, Clare! Super fussy-cutting, and I love your use of acetate, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous - perfect color choices. Also saw a beauty of yours in the Stamp It publication. Lovely work. (I remember getting hooked on a specific "album" as we used to call them when in school, too. One of mine was Midnight Oil.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such stunning cards. Thanks for the inspiration to try acetate again. You make it look like a million bucks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic creativity, Clare! amazing cards! Big congrats on your Hero Arts win!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the HA win, these are both really pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally gorgeous! Love your cards and congrats to your winning in HA challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. CONGRATS on your HA win, Clare! I love love everything about these two cards (can't pick a favorite)! You rock this stamp (and many)!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)