7.09.2012

hello

Hi all! I'm excited to start the 'Oh So Fun' week here on the blog! For my inspiration, I got THIS colorful and fun photo...


Um, what's NOT to love here? I had a million ideas floating in my head for this one, but ultimately realized it was the sewing and the chandelier itself that stood out most of me.

With some scraps from the Splendor collection, a bird die, and a plain dollar store note pad screaming 'Decorate me!'...


...I set to work.

First, I die cut a lot of little birdies (perfect project for using up those small paper scraps!) out of some pretty Splendor paper, and sewed 'em right on to the notepad.
Then, I cut out the large bird, and sewed on the top of the pad.

In case you're wondering, I covered up the sewing on the inside with some cute, coordinating washi tape. ;)


Isn't it adorable?
And of course, I couldn't give away something like this without a coordinating card (because I just couldn't resist)...

The set all wrapped up....


....even comes with a coordinating tag! ;)


Oh, and didja notice the stamp on the card? It's from a new set that's being released this month at Precious Remembrance - I love this set!

Thanks for stopping in today, and have a blessed one! :)

*************************************
Cardstock: LSS
Patterned paper: GCD Studios 'Splendor'
Stamp: Precious Remembrance
Ink: Colorbox
Other: blank notepad

Tools: adhesive, scissors, trimmer, sewing machine, PTI Tiny Tags and Tweet Talk dies, Cuttlebug

4 comments:

  1. fabulous set Clare. Cool pad, lovely card and cute tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they are so very lovely Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable! Love the gift you've created, Clare!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)