7.06.2012

Cover girl

...for the front of GCD's July issue of the Paper Cut! Thought that'd catch your eye. ;)


I'd never made 4th of July cards before, so I wasn't sure where to go on the challenge Heidi gave us. Then I thought of all those rustic-y patriotic elements I'm always seeing in my neighbors houses - rusty metal hearts and star hangings, toned down, deep red and blues, and the krafty brown color.
So with that in mind (and determining beforehand I wanted to use some cute clothespins I'd been having trouble working onto a card before), I made these two cards...


Hearts and stars sketched out on the backside of the paper and then cut out....


Strong Glossy Accents (the cardmaker's super glue, in my opinion) holds the clothespins firmly in place.


A typwriter typed up sentiment contributes to the rustic cause (and I didn't really have a choice - I had no patriotic stamps!)



And something I wanted to show you - I am a SUPER messy crafter most of the time. Some proof...


...the sad thing is that this is like a 6.3 on the scale of 1 to 10 on how messy my desk gets - it's a good thing you didn't see the surrounding area though! Lol, it looked like a hurricane just blew through! Though, this was taken before I got the second work surface (an old table), so things have improved. ;)

Btw, if you leave a comment on THIS post, you will be entered to win all of the Oh Happy Day papers!

*****************************
Cardstock: Strathamore, Bazzill
Patterned papers: GCD Studios 'Oh Happy Day'
Stamps: Hero Arts 'Ledger'
Ink: Versamark
Other: gems (Michaels), clothespins and hemp cord (Darice)

Tools: sewing machine, trimmer, scissors, adhesive

7 comments:

  1. Congrats Clare. It is a beautiful card. I giggled at your desk.... 'cause mine looks just like that. I keep saying I'll tidy up but it doesn't seem to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats cover girl! Your cards are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congrats, Clare! Love both cards! So creative without patriotic stamps! The look of your desk makes me feel better about mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Clare! I do love your cards, and these are no exception - they are 4th of July, but with those soft blues, kind of country......and the clothespins are wonderful. I have those, and should try working them into something, they're SO cute!

    Where did you find those pale blue design papers......that color is SO hard to find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big congrats Clare for your new accomplishments! These cards are so charming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. just found your site, great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your cards! Had to giggle when I saw that picture of your desk. Just looking at the mess I made of my crafting area yesterday, I can clearly see that surrounding area! It probably looked just like mine!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)