12.20.2011

Joy

Another sleepy post for me. ;) I just realized that we only have a couple more days till Christmas, so I thought I'd better start posting the Christmas cards I made before they're out of season.
Card is for the Lily Pad Cards button challenge - only one button, but I do think it is lovely....:)


A nice big bow with grograin - I used to be afraid of using it because of the bulk, but it seems to me now the majority of my cards are hand delivered, or mailed inside a box with other items, so it doesn't matter to me anymore. 


A bit 'o' stitching - it took me quite awhile to decide if I wanted to to, and which papers would be sewn - all these little details can drive me crazy! Also using some very old DCWV flocked snowflake stickers. 


And what proper Victorian girl would feel properly dressed without lots of shiny new 'buttons'? ;) 


Love the 'Autumn Press' paper pad by Studio Calico - I saw the pinks and blues in it, and had to have it. Turns out, the papers not only work well with fall themed projects, but Christmas projects as well - the red polka dot paper I used was perfect for this festive occasion!

Anywhos, thanks for the sweet comments - as I'm sure you can relate to, it's getting busier around here with all the sibs coming in, but I'm going to try to take some time tomorrow to check out your latest lovely creations. :)

Have a blessed day!

*************************************
Cardstock: LSS
Patterned paper: Studio Calico 'Autumn Press', Crate Paper 'Emma's Shoppe', GCD Studios 'The Great Outdoors'
Stamp: Hero Arts 'Merriest Christmas Wishes'
Ink: Ranger
Die cut: K&Company
Other: stickers (DCWV), pearls (Recollection), button, doily and ribbon (stash), lace (Hero Arts), hemp cord (Bearydo Shoppe)

Tools: trimmer, adhesive, scissors, Cuttlebug, MFT die, sewing machine, Glossy Accents

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful mix of elements, all coming together perfectly - love that you highlighted the buttons on her coat for our button challenge! Thanks for playing with us at Lily Pad Cards, Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare this is just so beautiful...I love the added ribbon and button...and that cute little star..

    ReplyDelete
  3. vintage and beauitful.. like it Clare.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)