12.11.2011

Don't you love it...

...when a project in your head turns out exactly as (or better than!) you pictured it? I do! It doesn't happen often enough, though. ;) And technically, for this card, I hadn't exactly pictured it this way in my head, but I had definitely had the idea of cutting the solid parts of THIS image out ever since I saw the stamp. So happy it actually worked out. :)


Trees colored in roughly with some watercolor pencils, then gone over with water.


To get a perfect match with the bird, I colored some of the watercolor paper with the same red pencil, then went over with water. I had stamped the watercolor paper with the Music Background stamp in Versamark before (a test for another project), and I was pleasantly surprised how it showed up subtly here.


Made using one of this months Hero Arts sketches. :)

Oh, and my sister finally added a new toy to the shop (she's an even bigger procrastinator than I am!) - Beau the Buff Panda. Here's a pic of the cutie...


If you'd like to see some of the other creations Maria has made (toy and non-toy), you can go HERE. Please feel free to ask for a custom creation from her! :)

Thanks for stopping in!

************************************
Cardstock: Hero Arts, watercolor paper (Strathamore)
Stamps: Hero Arts "Musical Background'" and "Merriest Christmas Wishes"
Ink: Versamark, Ranger
Other: watercolor pencils (Prismacolor), embossing powder (Martha Stewart), gems (Hero Arts)

Tools: trimmer, adhesive, scissors, Xacto knife, heat gun

13 comments:

  1. I love it, I love it, I LOVE IT!! One of my favorite stamps from this year's Christmas release, and you've really given us a wonderful new way to use it! Well done, Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to use the stamp - it's perfect Clare, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card Clare!!! And that bear is super cute! I went to your sisters page on Ravelry... OMG, her stuff is amazing!!! You are two seriously talented sisters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, you are just plummeting out these wonderful cards, lately! Can't keep up with you..:) I love how you've cut up this image, I think you're the first to do this, so clever and it looks fantastic, beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your stamp work is fabulous, Clare....

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, girl! i adore this design! love love that you cut out the image. fabulous work as always! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely wonderful Clare- love the cut out image over the music BG and really love the softness to the whole card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this Clare, completely and totally lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AAA....MAZING! I so love how you cut out the image and I really like how you did the background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is absolutely stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a gorgeous card, Clare. Love the soft colors and how you made the scalloped borders match the red bird. Loved it when I saw it in the flickr group and love it here just as much :)

    Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card! Congratulations on your win and enjoy the shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Clare, this is so clever and effective! You are a genius! Thanks for sharing. :) Happy New Year 2012!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)