12.04.2011

A gift card set

So when I initially saw the Hero Arts challenge, I was thinking about doing the card set (I eventually did - that's another post), not a gift card set, much less a gift card. The whole 'pocket card' idea just wasn't really clicking with me...that is, until I saw THIS beautiful card by Lin. Then I just had to try it! Using the Winter Forest digi kit again - so fun!
Thanks for the inspiration, Lin! :)


I hadn't orginially planned to make a set, but I started a video tutorial on the digital stamping, and needed another sample. As I had two cards when that was finished, I figured I had better just make it an 'even' three. ;)


 Each of the cardstock bases have some subtle watermark stamping on them


I decided to cut little tabs in the cardstock to keep the larger side of the base in place.


Glitter...soooo much prettier in real life...


Gift card inside - a craft store one, obviously. ;) Oh, and you can see the watermark stamping a weeeee bit here - music background on this one.


The set again...


That's it for me today - thanks so much for stopping in and for the super sweet comments - I appreciate every one! :)
PS, the winner of the giveaway bundle is (according to Random Org)....Savannah O'Gwynn! Savannah, e-mail me your address and I will send the bundle off asap! :) 
 
************************
Cardstock: Core-dinations, Hero Arts, LSS
Stamp: Hero Art digi 'Winter Forest' and 'Holiday Wreath', 'Envelope Liner', 'Music Background' and 'Antique Flower Background'
Ink: Printer ink, Versamark
Glitter: Martha Stewart
Other: thread

Tools: trimmer, adhesive, scissors, glue, printer, sewing machine

11 comments:

  1. Such a CLEVER and PRETTY design, Clare! I love seeing the details of this intricate design! You rock, my little friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww these are so sweet...such cute stamps...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE these cards, Clare - you've just made a sale for HA! Absolutely darling! (and thanks for the sweet mention)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty set, Clare! I love the soft colors and wonderful pocket design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this set! :> So pretty and clean! Great idea to make it into a set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great cards Clare!! I love them!! Definitely a fantastic and creative way to give a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a sweet set Clare. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a super charming set of cards!! Love the deer amongst the winter trees, really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your cards! Where did you find the tab punch? Maybe I can't find one because the punch has some other sort of name. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)