12.26.2015

Custom Die Cut Window + VIDEO // Papertrey Ink

I hope you all had a beautiful Christmas! Remember the 12 Days of Christmas, so the celebration doesn't stop with yesterday's festivities. ;)

I have two cards to share today, and a video later (I woke up with a super scratchy throat, so once that clears up, I'll narrate the video and add it to the post) for the December Papertrey Ink Blog Hop, the Simon Says Stamp Monday Winter Wonderland challenge, and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Make It Sparkle challenge.


For the window, I took a small rectangle die and cut out four panels - super quick and easy window panel! It's hard to tell in the photo, but I added a scored "shutter" on either side of the window to help balance out the narrow window frame.


I really love this Winter Woods stamp set. Like, really love it.


I added some Martha Stewart "snow"/glitter to the cards, making them fun shaker cards. I know I've said several times that I'm not into the whole shaker card craze, but looking back on some of my recent posts, I've realized it's time to come clean and join that club. ;)


Here's the blog hop inspiration photo...


Real quick, I'm having a giveaway HERE due to end tomorrow, and my friend Mariana is also having a little giveaway on her blog as well.

Thanks so much for stopping in and enjoy your weekend!!

SUPPLIES


Cardstock: Canson
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Winter Woods and Rustic Wreath
Ink: Studio Calico (red and green), Versamark, Hero Arts (black and white)
Other: glitter (Martha Stewart), white embossing power (Hero Arts)

Tools: Cuttlebug, Avery Elle Stitched Rectangles die, scoring board, heat gun

17 comments:

  1. Oh, what a fabulous card, Clare! I love everything about it! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative card, I love the cardinal outside the window. A wonderful shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is a really interesting and gorgeous card!! Very creative take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card I love the set you used and can never pass by a shaker card <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clare, this is so gorgeous. Natural, pretty and just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clare, this is SO unique and super pretty!! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful! I always think of shaker cards as "cute", but yours is just gorgeous...totally love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shaker card! It's so creative, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, love the snowy window! Must try this! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Clare!! Your blog failed to show up in my email forever, I thought you were busy with school. Your work is fabulous and I'm sorry I've missed so much of it. Took a zoom back through and LOVED everything ~ SWOON!! This card is amazing, love the cardinal and snowy shaker. I hope you enjoyed a beautiful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your beautiful holiday card! Great design. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is stunning - the design is so elegant.
    Happy New Year and thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp this week.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)