2.06.2016

Flying Dog // My Favorite Things

Today I'm popping in with a fun shaker card for the MFT Color Challenge #38 and the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge (Ray of Sunshine).


To start off, I blended a background for the two pink colors in the challenge, using some Distress Inks. I made it a shaker using some Martha Stewart star confetti, and Darice sequins.
Making shaker cards with My Favorite Things stamps has definitely become a thing for me recently. I'm not exactly sure why, but I'm totally blaming Melania Deasy. ;)


The rest of the card finished simply off with an adorable colored pup, a bunch of balloons (created from the one balloon in THIS cute stamp set), string, an embossed sentiment and vellum clouds.

I colored the dog with my Zig's, and for the balloons, I only had a rather bright shade of yellow. To tone it down and get a gradient look, I used my Wink of Stella pen to blend it out, which had the added bonus of adding some nice shimmer. The Zig's actually blend really well with the Michael's brand cardstock (which is also nice and heavy, at 110 lb) - at least, their newer cardstock.

I found some cardstock I bought this past summer noticeably different from cardstock I bought in December. The older, summer cardstock was a little creamier in tone (which I prefer), but was kinda horrible when it came to coloring. The more recent cardstock is dreamy with Zig's, and more pasty white.
I'm playing along with the fun 30 Day Coloring Challenge.

Thanks so much for stopping in today and God bless!

SUPPLIES


Cardstock: Michaels
Stamps: My Favorite Things Top Dog and Birthday Bears
Ink: Distress Ink, Versafine
Other: sequins (Darice), confetti (Martha Stewart), vellum and string (stash), Zig Clean Color brushes

Tools: Cuttlebug, My Favorite Things Top Dog die, Avery Elle Double Pierced Rectangles die, Paper Smooches Quote Tag die


5 comments:

  1. This card is amazing! Beautiful coloring and I love the vellum clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super fun, chuckling...makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this delightful card!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely adorable! Makes me happy! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness this is so stinkin' cute!! Love the happy yellow balloons!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)