7.05.2010

Polka dot elephant

Hi there!

I won't be blogging for a few short days as I'm heading on over to a camp, so I thought I'd quickly share this card I made a couple weeks ago...


Is it just me or do polka dots and elephants seem to go really well together? Then again, polka dots look nice with pretty much any animal image. ;)

Instructions: Trim and score card base, round edges. Stamp sentiment onto coral paper, and than stamp image twice onto green polka dot paper. Cut out and paper piece image, tie bow around trunk, than adhere to white paper. Adhere white paper to blue polka dot paper, and distress edges of white and patterned paper. Adhere heart sticker on white paper using a foam square. Adhere stamped sentiment paper onto base, and tie knot with ribbon around base. Add embellished center rectangle to base using foam squares. Distress edges of card base.

Enjoy your week and thanks for popping in! :)

***************************
Card recipe
Cardstock: Bazzil
Patterned paper: October Afternoon "Fly a Kite" and DCWV "Green" stack
Stamps: Hero Arts "Elephants"
Ink: Staz-on, Colorbox
Ribbon: Offray
Other: twine

Tools: trimmer, adhesive, foam squares, scissors

6 comments:

  1. this is so adorable!! have fun at the camp! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare, Your work is absolutely wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is way too cute! Yes, the polka dots and elephant go really well together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! Just love those big polka dots on the elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Clare! This is soooo cute! Love his polka dots and the sentiment is just perfect with this image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable Clare! That little ellie has stolen my heart! I have a Christmas ornament from when I was little that reminds me of it. It is quilted with red polka dots. Thank you for reminding me of warm memories Sis :) Keep up the FABULOUS work!!! Mmmmwaahhh!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)