7.30.2010

Thanks for being my friend

Hello!!

I have been dancing on air ALL morning! Why? Because of THIS! I am SO thrilled that I will be "working" (read - playing!) with Lisa!! THE Lisa Spangler! Her cards are always so fun and cheery and this is just SUCH an honor!!

Anyways, in case I'm boring you, I thought I'd share this weeks Stamp and Scrap challenge over at SSC...



Instructions: Trim and score card base. Faux stitch near borders (or use sewing machine - I made this when my sewing machine was broken). Cut out piece of white scrap paper and cut out with die. Before separating die and paper, spray with mist and let dry. Once dry, separate die and paper, than stamp image and sentiment onto paper.Stamp image onto patterned paper, and than onto another piece of white scrap paper, than cut out and piece together. Tie bow around base, and than adhere embellished die cut using foam squares.

Only fitting to showcase some Hero Arts stamps today - this company and community has made a tremendous impact on my cardmaking. The kind words, sweet comments and notes of encouragement from the Flickr gals helped me SO much - if you are a part of the community, you know how truly awesome it is. :) So thanks Hero Arts, for being my friend. :)

Have an awesome weekend. :)

**************************
Being my friend card recipe
Cardstock: Darice
Patterned paper: October Afternoon "Fly a Kite"
Stamps: Hero Arts "Be happy"
Ink: Staz-on
Ribbon: Seam binding available HERE
Other: Tattered Angels glimmer mist, nail polish (for shine on bee wings)

Tools: trimmer, scissors, adhesive, foam squares, pin, Nestabilities, Cuttlebug

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little bee and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! so happy for you, Clare!! Lisa and you is a perfect team!! looking forward to see your day on the blog!! =) big big congrats!! your card is soooooo sweet!! love the simple design as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so happy for you! Yay!! Keep on dancing, enjoy it all and I can't wait to see what the two of you ladies make for your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You deserve every accolade and honor you receive Clare, and I am very proud of this latest accomplishment - I know there are many, many more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Clare! Love your card and thanks for the tutorial of how you did it! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your bee cards are totally adorable, claire!!
    oh!! not to mention your elephants, too. :)
    congratulations on your win ~ how special to have been chosen by lisa!!
    woo-hoo for you... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love your cards. Thanks for sharing. Loads of new cards on my blog. www.designsbydiana.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, so, SOOOO excited for your win-a-day! Love your pretty card today! So soft and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm SO happy for you Clare! You totally deserve it!! And, I love this sweet card too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh- how amazing!!!! Have fun Clare!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)