1.06.2010

B is for Birthday Girl

Hiya!

Sorry for the big break - I had been working on a bunch of DT cards over break, and now that I got them finished for the month, my mojo just gave on me! But since today, the first challenge of the year for Simply Scrapping Crafts has been posted in the community, I can show you my card...which I unfortunately took a pretty bad pic of - way to start the year off with a nasty photo, eh? ;)

I know the hideousness (of the photo, not card) might burn your eyes right out of their sockets, but here it is in all its glory;


for those who like extra thing-a-ma-bobs in the picture...
 

for those who don't...:)


I put the bad photo (the earlier one) on my Etsy, but I will be changing it soon, and you can view it here. :)

And here is the sketch:


We don't have the challenge up for the blog yet - working on that!

Saw this after I got my Nesties and knew EXACTLY what I wanted to. Unfortunately, the photo itself didn't turn out like I wanted. But don't worry; for the next upcoming challenges, I have MUCH better photos. ;)

And also one little tidbit I want to share with you; we're gonna be announcing a DT search soon, so stick around to hear more!

Back to the card - pretty simple really. Just use the Nestabilities to cut out the paper, tie a bow, cut out the "b", print the sentiment (from Kevin&Amanda), and voila!

Lookin' forward to an exciting day tomorrow - seeing friends I haven't seen in forever! Though I won't be showing you any cards tomorrow (unless I somehow miraculously regain my mojo overnight), I might be able to squeeze in a few shots of how I take my photos. Yeah, today's pictures may not inspire you, but seriously, you can get way better shots than these...most of the time. So, feel free to hang around if you're interested. ;)

Thanks for poppin' bye!





**********

B is for Birthday recipe
Cardstock: "Woodland Creatures"
Patterned paper: Cosmo Cricket "Girl Friday", Crate Paper
Ribbon: Michaels Craft store
Other: Sentiment: font from Kevin&Amanda

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)