1.16.2010

{butterfly birthday}

Heya!

Guess what? It's not a Valentine card today! ;) It's semi-birthday themed, which I haven't done in a while, using my lovely Nestabilities. I. Can. Not. Put. Them. Down. I love them so much! Even more than my first ones!

All these different backgrounds are here to show you how a little thing (like a background) in a photo can totally change the way a viewer thinks of that picture...also because I just couldn't decide which one I liked best, and, having limited computer time (our main computer broke down, and now I'm sharing a laptop with three other people), I had to make a quick decision. ;)



 

Can you believe it- I actually made my OWN paper background! Yes! I used the HA Grid stamp (which I won for the Honorable Mention) to do it. The other stamp I used is a clear dollar stamp from Michaels. I'm really starting to feel like a stamper here! ;)

This is for Dawn's color challenge because, in my last card, the blue didn't really show up, so I had another go, one that I am much more pleased with. Also for 2S4Y (I just flipped the sketch), Pink Elephant, TCP Tuesday, ABC challenge, Belli challenge, Creative Inspirations (I used the new HA stamp), FBW, CC challenge (glittered butterly, paper, ribbon), LLLC, Colour Create, and finally, dear Virginia is having a challenge over at her blog. My WOW! factor, though maybe not wow to those accomplished stampers over at HA, is the grid stamp - I hardly ever use any non sentiment stamps, and using a background stamp (of all things! - I was determined never to use one) is totally amazing to me!

Another happy thing happened today - I got my Souffle pens in the mail! One of the pens was missing, but I contacted the seller and it's on its way here. Here are my only decent coloring mediums...


Can't wait to play with them!

And now, because I didn't post the Chillin' Koala yesterday, here he is...




Cute lil' fellar, ain't he? ;) In case you missed my post, this was made by my sis. I wish I could show you her gallery (which is in this huge knitting/crocheting/anything fiber related group called Ravelry), but you have to be a member. :( So, if you're still interested in seeing some things she's made every once in awhile, don't be afraid to let me know! ;)

Thanks for hoppin' by!





***********************

Butterfly Birthday recipe
Cardstock: Michaels
Patterned paper: Coordinating side to Crate
Stamps: Hero Arts, Michaels Dollar Stamps
Ink: Martha Stewart
Stickers: DCWV Home
Pearls: Basic Grey
Ribbon: Offray




31 comments:

  1. Stunning work!
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome background on your pretty card and that little bear is too sweet!

    thanks for joining us on crafty creations this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, Clare! I certainly LOVED the Wow factor from the Grid pattern paper for the background!! Thanks so much for playing "Beat the Winter Blah" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card! That butterfly is stunning!! thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card and DARLING elephant! Thanks for playing along this week at 2S4Y! :) Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card and wonderful koala

    Thanks for joining us on ABC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is just beautiful! I love the background you created! (And that koala-- too cute!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an elegant and beautiful shaped card! Love the butterfly in the middle too--very sweet *Ü* Thanks so much for playing along in our shaped challenge at LaLa Land Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, and what a sweet little Koala your sis made! Thanks so much for joining us for Flutter By Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! Love the butterfly in the middle! Paper background looks great on the picture!
    What a cute Panda toy your sister knitted!
    Thank you so much for playing with us at La-La Land Crafts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ah cute toy and what a great card. - totally gorgeous- thank you so much for sharing this fab work with us at The Pink Elephant.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey.....Congrats on your win at 2S4Y!!! Yay! GORGEOUS card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty card!!! such a lovely butterfly! Thanks for playing with us at Flutter by! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is one seriously beautiful card! That yellow ribbon and bow makes it so special. Love that little koala, so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely beautiful!! Thanks for playing the Flutter By Wednesday challenge with us this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like you have been busy with your Nestabilities! Love that cute little critter your sis made too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautiful, so clean! Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at La La Land Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab card. You have a lovely style - Great blog :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohh this butterfly is GORGEOUS! Love your work and your little stuffed animal is ADorable!!! Thanks for joining us in the Belli CHallenges!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just love this card!! Clean and simple and modern! You are talking my language! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is stunning Clare! I love the shape of this card! Everything is just wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely gorgeous!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at La-La Land Crafts!!
    Hugs!!
    :) Irina

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your card is absolutely fabulous and I totally see what you mean about the different backgrounds - really cool! Thanks for playing with us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card - love that butterfly! Thanks for playing along with us on the Belli Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations - beautiful card - great textures! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful! Your background turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your background, card and your blog. Your sis is very talented too! Best of luck with Virginia's challenge :)
    Stop by my blog..last day for my Hero Arts blog candy :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. This card is so sweet. I loved the 3d butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely card!! Love how you used your nesties!!Thanks too for sharing the pics of your different backgrounds--That one is always a challenge for me!
    :) Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ilove butterflies this card is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  31. love your card! it is so crisp and clean

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)