10.19.2017

More No-Line Coloring with Paper Layering Dies

I'm not gonna lie, I'm not great when it comes to dies. I pretty much stick to the staples - simple shapes, coordinating frame cuts, and the occasional background die. Anything else, and my little crafty brain does not compute.

However, one of the great things about being on the Hero Arts Creative Team are the monthly assignments. Sometimes I get assigned to work with products I really want to play with it, and other times, products that I never would've touched otherwise.

Today's card is an example of that - I was assigned to work with the Paper Layering Bear with Frame die set for THIS post, and I ended up having so much fun with this little guy, that I had to make him again in a different color way.


The bear was cut out of regular cardstock, but if you wanted to do heavier watercoloring or get a more blended look (I was being lazy with this bear - ha!), then watercolor or Bristol paper would work well.
I colored him in with ZIG's Pale Pink, Black and Cobalt Blue. Pretty easy, since he's mostly white anyways, but you could totally go in for shading.


I stamped a sentiment from Santa's Door Accessories in White, then die cut it using the Yes Stamp and Cut die, because he's a bear, and well, you know, bears talk. It's not that I'm obsessed with speech bubbles. Not at all.
;)


The Wallpaper Background was stamped in Indigo, and the bear adhered on using dimensional adhesive. The background was actually from another project I was working on for Hero Arts. This particular one didn't stamp out too well (see the double impression on the left side), so I decided to keep it for a more laid-back card such as this.

Hope you enjoyed my blushing polar bear, and thanks for stopping in!
God bless!

SUPPLIES


Cardstock: Hero Arts Sea Layering Paper, Michaels white cardstock, Joann Fabrics black cardstock
Stamps: Hero Arts Santa's Door Accessories and Wallpaper Background
Ink: Hero Arts Indigo; ZIG Pale PinkBlack and Cobalt Blue, Versamark
Other: Hero Arts White embossing powder

Tools: Cuttlebug, Hero Arts Paper Layering Bear with Frame and Yes Stamp and Cut die, paintbrush

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)