10.20.2017

Heat Embossing on Felt

Hello! Today I'm participating in a blog with CardMaker Magazine and Terial Arts.

For my project today, I used the Terial Magic fabric stabilizer to stabilize the felt for my mushrooms. I've been wanting to use the adorable You're a Fungi stamp set since it came out, and today's project was the perfect opening!


I sprayed the stabilizer on some Papertrey Ink felt, let it dry for a couple hours (since I accidentally soaked my little bit of felt!), and then ironed it completely dry. After drying, I doused it in anti-static powder, stamped the mushroom in Versamark, and heat embossing with WOW! Metallic Gold Sparkle embossing powder.

Even though it's not the crispest impression, I really love heat embossing on felt. You have to be careful of overheating the powder and the felt - I detail tips in THIS blog post (with a video!).


I adhered the little guy to a card base that I had heat embossed with some dandelion things(?) from the same set. I stamped the sentiment in Black, using the word "sending" from the Yes Stamp and Cut set.
I die cut from hearts from felt using Hero Arts Heart Infinity dies, and then adhered them to the card. Finally, I heat embossed a strip of black cardstock with clear Sparkle power, and added it to the bottom.

BLOG HOP


Follow this blog hop for more inspiration:
Stamps: Hero Arts You're a Fungi and Yes Stamp and Cut
Ink: Versamark, Hero Arts Black
Other: Papertrey Ink felt, WOW! Metallic Gold Sparkle embossing powder and Hero Arts clear Sparkle power

Tools: heat gun, Hero Arts Heart Infinity dies, anti-static powder tool

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)