6.27.2017

Chopped: Card Edition #2 // Hero Arts

I'm here today with another "edition" of my card series, Chopped! I know, I'm surprising myself by actually continuing this "series," especially after #cardmakerprobs died so pitifully. ;)

I was experimenting with the Color Layering Hydrangea stamp for THIS blog hop months ago, and that's how today's card came to be.
First I tried a lot of different combinations with the Hero Arts Ombre ink lineup, but wasn't really feeling anything. Then I decided to play around with some Distress Inks, and I don't remember why this unusual color combo came into my mind, but I combined Shaded Lilac and Tea Dye to get a rather vintage stained hydrangea look.


I used the rock'n'roll stamp technique: I inked up the second layer of the hydrangea in Shaded Lilac, and then rolled the edges of the stamp in Tea Dye. I think this technique works best with rubber stamps, but it turned out fine here. It was a little tricky though, since I only had mini ink pads in the colors. ;)

I then lightly spritzed the stamp with water, and stamped a whole border full on some watercolor cardstock.


To top it off, I die cut a black frame using the Hero Arts Rectangle Infinity dies, and die cut my sentiment from the Luggage Tag Alphabet die set. Everything was doubled on another piece of cardstock, and adhered to the base.

Why didn't this card make the cut? I wasn't sold on the colors (again), and I also had the darndest time trying to photograph this card. The colors just really washed out in almost every photograph! It took me several photography "sessions" to just get the pics for this post. ;)

Thanks so much for stopping in and God bless!

SUPPLIES


Cardstock: Canson watercolor, Bazzill black
Stamps: Hero Arts Color Layering Hydrangea
Ink: Distress Inks Shaded Lilac and Tea Dye

Tools: water bottle, Cuttlebug, Hero Arts Rectangle Infinity dies and Luggage Tag Alphabet die set

3 comments:

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)