11.16.2015

Blog Named Hero Blog Hop // Hero Arts

Today the Hero Arts blog is hopping with A Blog Named Hero!


I had so much fun making this little scene - I can't seem to stop using this wreath stamp! One of the things I love about this multi-step stamp set is that you don't have to stamp every layer. I've already made several cards with this wreath stamp set, and I don't think I've used the second or third layer yet!


I added some glitter to the wreath - this was one of the last things I did to the card, and I was going for more of a snowy glitter look, but I didn't want to have too many textures going on in the card, so I left it at this more translucent glitter.


Again, I used my ombre ink for the wreath, and it adds such a nice little touch. When I use the Hero Arts ombre ink, I have a special way of doing it.
Basically, when I use the ombre ink pads, not only do I do the little stamp "dance" recommended on the Hero Arts website (which is moving your stamp up and down the pad to get a more even ombre look), but I really ink up my stamp.
I press my stamp pretty firmly against the ink pad until I'm sure it's completely covered with ink, then I lightly tap it against the ink pad to even out the ink and prevent the ink from pooling on any particular spot on the stamp. It is especially important to do this if you're stamping on vellum, because the more ink you have on your stamp, the easier it is to slide and smear on the vellum. 


I don't have the brick stencil background, so to create my brick background, I first embossed my brick die into the red cardstock, then I used the die to cut into a piece of thin transparency. I used this transparency as a cheap stencil, and added some more red coloring to the bricks using some Distress Inks. This is a great way to stretch your dies - use them as stencils!

Giveaway - Hero Arts stashed away THREE of the November 2015 My Monthly Hero kits to giveaway to readers of this hop. The winners will be randomly chosen from all of the blog hop comments, across all blogs, received by 11:59pm PST on Sunday, November 22nd. Check the Hero Arts blog for the announcement of the winner on Tuesday, November 24th.

That's it for me! I'm the last stop on the hop, but if you missed any of the other blogs, here is the full hop list!

SUPPLIES


Cardstock: Hero Arts Blush Mix cards, Papertrey Ink kraft, Bazzil black, Michaels white
Stamps: Hero Arts Color Layering Wreath and Build a Wreath by Lia
Ink: Hero Arts Black, Light to Red Royal ombre, Lime to Forever Green ombre, Versamark, Distress Ink
Other: Hero Arts white embossing powder, Martha Stewart glitter, black gem (Darice), ribbon (stash)

Tools: Cuttlebug, Hero Arts Color Layering Wreath Frame Cuts, Papertrey Ink woodgrain impressions plate, My Favorite Things brick cover plate

105 comments:

  1. Clare, this is gorgeous! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you hung your wreath on a door - fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DELIGHTFUL card Clare!!!
    LOVE your SWEET scene with the brick wall, door and wreath!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing your CREATIVE INSPIRATION ... and clever way to make your brick wall too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. I LOVE door and wreath cards. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very gorgeous and graceful creation! Love that woodgrain door in white against the brick wall, so perfect with gorgeous wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty wreath card! Nice touch with the door too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful front door scene ,Clare! Love the wreath and can see why you love using it!
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning door card - love that handle! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your idea with the brick embossed background. Such a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card, great background!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving this cute card,
    great wreath.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very fun details. Great use of the ombré inks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card, Claire! I love the brick wall you created and the embossed door with wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super sweet card, love all the textures!! And the hinges and door knob are excellent finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty card. LOVE the embossed panel:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute design! The doorknob is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty! Which die did you use for wreath?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Clare, this is absolutely delightful! Sure to bring a huge smile to someone! The sparkle on the wreath and the pearl doorknob are perfect details! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty. I love the woodgrain and that cute little doorknob.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a sweet card! Looks like a welcoming holiday entrance. Very cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG!! Adorable card with the brick wall & front door adorned with a wreath!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your ombre wreath, and those little birds are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a clever and beautiful scene! Totally love it and the details!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very lovely! The birds are a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  26. this is awesome! i love how you did the hinges and handle!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The wood grain and shape of the door make this a very special card.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very pretty wreath and I like the door and brick background.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very cool card. Like the little cardinals!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the door with the wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  31. WHAT A FUN CARD, I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS BEHIND THE DOOR LOL

    ReplyDelete
  32. The wreath on the door on the brick is fabulours! LOVE your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your snowy wreath! And the door! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful card!! Love the door and the wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a sweet holiday card. The brick background is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the wood grain door and brick background!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Delightful. I love the front door idea. WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love your brick wall and window card!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Your card makes me want to visit your house. Awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is such a sweet card! I love all the detail, like the hinges and doorknob on your door that you added! It is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. This card has wonderful depth -- I know if I knocked on the door, I'd be greeted by gentle music and mouth-watering aromas from the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi Clare ~ Such a fantastic card with many facets to it. The brick, wooden door and wreath all add such a wonderful dimension to your beautiful card. Thanks for sharing your gifted talent with all of us.
    #sharehandmadekindness

    ReplyDelete
  43. WOW, love the door on the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  44. What great tips you shared, both about using the Hombre inks correctly and also stretching your dies to create your own stencil. That is a great idea that I will be trying soon. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love the symbol of a door on your card, making it inviting and cosy. Cool card.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love the pretty little scene. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Beautiful! I like the wreath coloring as well as all the colors of your card and the design.

    ReplyDelete
  48. This card really puts me in the holiday mood! I love wreaths and always have one on my door for each season.

    ReplyDelete
  49. This type of design has been done many times but you have truly made it unique. Well done on your original and modern twist.

    ReplyDelete
  50. What a beautiful card, love all the textures here, the bricks and door look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Wonderful card. Warm and welcoming for the season. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  52. What a fabulous blog hop! Your cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  53. thanks for the tip on using the ombre ink and the brick stencil idea. your card is so very pretty. love all your details on it.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Beautiful card, love
    the wreath!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  55. This card is so cute! I love the door with the door handle. The little things can add so much! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Awesome card! Love the dor with the wreath and the fabulous brick background!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Pretty wreath and the fireplace background is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  58. The brick background and textured door really make the scene for your wreath. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  59. Great card & thanks for sharing your tips!!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Wonderful card and the "die as stencil" and stamping tips are appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Fabulous design and layout for your card!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Your card is so adorable! Love the door decorated for the holidays! So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  63. This is wonderful!!! The brick background is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Pretty card! I love the brick background and ombre wreath, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  65. I love your idea of a door and wreath against a brick wall. Nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  66. What a fun card. Love the decorated door idea - very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  67. This is so adorable! I love the little doorknob detail! So cute!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  68. love all the layers, thanks for sharing

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  69. Fabulos card, love the textures and the door!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Just love you design!!! Very Pretty card

    ReplyDelete
  71. Beautiful card! Design and traditional colors are lovely ;)

    ReplyDelete
  72. Awesome card. Thanks for sharing.

    Linda D.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Love the idea of the bricks and the decorated door on your card.
    What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Perfect door for the wreath. Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  75. Love the brick wall and the wooden door with wreath. Makes a very welcoming entryway!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Love how you layered it all and made such a darling scene!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Love how you layered it all and made such a darling scene!

    ReplyDelete
  78. really beautiful, love your bricks!

    ReplyDelete
  79. Very cool! Love the brick and the wood embossing on the door....that wreath is such a nice set....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)