7.13.2013

Bravo! and review

I'm gonna try to write this post up fast, because my computer has been acting up and keeps randomly shutting itself off after ten minutes or so.

This card here is for Word Art Wednesday (Anything Goes) and the Craft Dash Challenge #21, featuring stars


I just got the adorable Studio Calico wood veneer stars, and had to use them.
This card was finished in 9:39 - I had to do a little heat embossing, which is why this simple looking card took so long. ;)



And the video...


Also, using some fun Stampin' Up! Epic Day washi tape - I talk a bit about it in the video, but a representative from Stampin' Up! contacted me about trying out their What to Washi class. I've never reviewed product on the blog here before (though I've had offers), but I was willing to try this one out! So below is my honest (as in, I wasn't paid to say anything) review ...


I'll admit it, I was mostly excited about the tape - I only had four tapes of washi before (and they were the Target ones you see everywhere) So when they sent me a box with an instructional booklet, the washi tape, cardstock and envelopes, and some stamps, I of course broke out the washi first.
FYI: I don't think the stamps come with the original bundle, and I didn't receive any videos or PDF documents (I think the booklet replaced them for me in this case)
I think this class would be perfect for cardmaking beginners or washi tape newbies, but as I have a bit more experience than a beginner and am already accustomed to washi tape, it didn't provide a whole lot of new ideas for me. However, even though some of the ideas weren't completely fresh for me (though there were a couple really good ones), it still gave me a lot of inspiration for using washi tape more on cards.
So overall, I enjoyed it! And, I super duper love the flower tape from THIS bundle that was included - so sweet!

Well, that's all for today - thanks for stopping in and God bless!

***************************************
Cardstock: LSS, Hobby Lobby
Stamp and washi tape: Stampin' Up!
Ink: Versamark, Tim Holtz, Memento
Other: Studio Calico wood veneer, clear embossing powder

Tools: heat gun


3 comments:

  1. What a great use of Washi tape. The stars on the card are really simple sweet and starry.
    Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful artwork with us at WAW. We appreciate your participation and love seeing the diverse gifts and talents.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card! I love the design and the placement of those wood veneer stars!
    Thanks for playing along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project! Thanks for joining us at Word Art Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)