4.25.2013

Papertrey April Blog Hop Challenge

     This is my second post today - if you're looking for my Precious Remembrance Project Thursday post, just scroll down! :)
     I'm giving the Papertrey Ink blog hop challenge a go again, and here's this month's challenge...


     I have to say, I struggled at first. Do you ever have that experience where you're making a card using a certain technique, and a card you made long ago using that same technique comes back to haunt you? I don't know if that makes sense to you, but that's what I was feeling. I kept trying to tilt my card, but it kept looking like the evil twin of this card I made a year or two ago that had left me with a bitter taste in my mojo-mouth.
     But anyways, I got over it, as you can see...


     For some reason, my camera just doesn't catch navy well - it keeps looking kinda funky in the photos, when it looks so much more hip in real life. ;)


     I'm glad this one turned out decently, because I spend a good chunk of time stamping those flowers (even those I was using the pre-arranged clusters from the stamp set) when I should've been studying, so I would've been pretty annoyed if came out crummy. ;)

     Anyways, I gotta peace out and study (SUMMER IS OFFICIALLY TWO WEEKS AWAY!), so God bless and thanks for stopping in!

**********************************
Cardstock: Strathamore
Patterned paper: Crate Paper "Random"
Stamps: Papertrey Ink "Mini Blooms" and "On the Farm"
Ink: Versamark, Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Tattered Angels
Other: embossing powder (Michaels)

Tools: heat gun

6 comments:

  1. I love it! Love the colors...and I know how it is to photograph certain colors...I have had that problem...no matter what light I use it doesn't photograph well! Woohoo on summer vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so lovely! I love the white embossed flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card!! Love the colors and the white embossed flowers are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. today I first noticed your card through Mailie's Pinterest board! How gorgeous is this card, Clare! you never cease to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the soft colors over the white flowers paired with the darker sentiment band!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)