6.08.2012

Celebrate

...I ordered some new stampy goodies and got a new (to me) craft table for my craft corner!

Wondering if anyone would like to see a video of my space? I know I always enjoy seeing other gals crafty spots, but not sure anyone would be interested in seeing my small corner. ;)

Anyhows, here's a card I made for this weeks Waltzingmouse Sketch and for Simon Says Stamp and Show (texture) challenges. I apologize for the weird lighting - I took it indoors, but I'll (hopefully) replace it tomorrow with a decent one, along with good detail shots.


I also thought I'd make a quick photo tutorial on how I made the ticket border I used on yesterday's card (which I also used on this card)....

First, cut strips of paper (however wide you want), and punch half circle on the sides - I used a mini hole punch.


Run strips through an unthreaded sewing machine, making the sewing line go through the middle of the half circles.


Next, bend the tickets on the perforated lines...


...and rip off pieces for that authentic ripped ticket look!


One last thing - I'm using the link manager by Inlinkz for some of my supplies using a new Simon Says Stamp partnership. Kinda fun, and thought you might like to check it out as well - it's free!


Finally, congratulations on making it to the end of this post - I didn't mean to make it this long! lol
Also, thanks SO much for the kind comments - I'll be sure and return them asap! :)

Have a blessed day!

*****************************************

Supplies not listed:
Stamps: PTI 'Mat Stack 1', Waltzingmouse 'Very Vintage Labels 1'
Other: pearls (the Paper Studio), silk ribbon, button, twine, burlap fabric

26 comments:

  1. WOW!!! This is so WONDERFUL! LOVE your beautiful card - perfect design as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is great! Very nice card! Love from Holland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a beautiful card! Love the soft colors you used with the gorgeous bow and the button, the pink die cut and the white pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Clare, this card is amazing! I love what you did with the die cut silhouette! I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the tutorial on making the ticket strips!!

    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the card you made! So vintage-y and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. I'd love to see your craft space!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the glittering cameo, fab use of elements and the sketch!! Thanks so much for playing along with the Mischief Makers on this special occasion!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you know how talented you are! That card is so beautiful, Clare! And yes! I would love to see your space - mine is quite small too. Thanks also for the tutorial! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your ideas for cards, Clare, and YES, I'd like to see pics of your craft space!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card Clare. Love that PP peeking out in the back. And your glittery madame.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous shabby chic card Clare. I love it!!! Thanks for playing with us on our 100th sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Clare your card is stunning! I am captured by that beautiful sugared cameo with the pretty rose perfectly placed in her hair! It looks beautiful centered on the stamped frame with the pearl embellishments. A romantic dream! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that cameo in all her gorgeous sugar!! :)
    The paper...
    the fabric...
    it's all so gorgeous!!
    So glad you could play and celebrate with us for our 100th! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! . Thanks for joining us at the 100th challenge of Waltzing mouse..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the tutorial on making the ticket border-- you are very clever! I would love to see your craft space!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea!!! Thanks for sharing the ticket border tutorial. And thanks for joining the fun at clips-n-cuts by using Link Manager. Hope it will help you list your supplies faster.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful card, Clare! I just love the sweet rosebud paper and the glittered silhouette! The canvas fabric looks amazing with this design. Happy 100th sketch! Go glad that you could play along this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card Clare. Love your ticket tutorial. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great ticket tutorial and I love that bow with the button in the centre! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card Claire, and thank you for taking the time to play along with us, but my jaw dropped at your ticket tutorial!! such a fabby idea I pinned it, hope that's ok!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on being a Top Mouse for the 100th Sketch! Such a pretty card, and that tutorial is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your gorgeous card, Clare! It's so detailed and beautiful! Your little ticket stub design is awesome! And yes, I'd love to see your craft room/corner!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card! Love the canvas/linen and glittery silhouette!! Clever ticket punch idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your card is wonderful! Is that cameo a die cut or a punch? I love it! And the glitter just sends it over the top. Beautiful. Love your tutorial, too. I'd love to see a video of your craft space! Do you have a YouTube channel? I'd love to subscribe to it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on winning top mouse this is such a beautiful card. I love the glitter you added its sure makes the card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. love the glittery silhouette, such a beautiful card, Clare!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)