1.01.2011

Here's to a bright 2011!

HAPPY 2011!! 

I was going to post this yesterday, but I lost track of time, so here it is now!

I want to share a card that was published in the November issue of CARDS. Kind of an odd month to publish something so...sunny, I'd think. ;) But, because it's so bright (and today's weather is sooooo dreary!), I thought I'd share it with you today.
So, continuing on with the 'things/techniques-I-thought-I'd-never-try-at-the-beginning-of-2010' theme, this card uses a little technique I never knew existed until a couple months ago. You may not be able to tell, but I put clear nail polish on the bee's wings so they would shine - I hadn't heard of glossy accents yet, so nail polish it was! ;)
The other technique is using sandpaper to distress the paper; I saw Sarah Martina's white distressing on cards, and it took me awhile to realize she was using white ink, not sandpaper! ;)


Pleating seam binding is a great way to use up those scraps - I don't think it would work quite so well
with,...say, satin, but non-crinkly seam binding looks pretty nice like that.

Now for a couple head-ups;
  • On 1/11/11, I am going to share with you my top eleven blogs, cards, techniques, etc .I was going to do a ten thing for New Years Eve, buttttt....kinda lost track of time! lol! 
  • I'll be having a giveaway(s?) soon, sometime around/after the ninth, so be forewarned. ;)
  • I have added, and will be adding some more items to my paperie shop.
  • Might be changing up the blog look again...I've playing around with some stuff and am getting the urge to change the look again already!
Thank you so much for a YEAR of support, inspiration, funny stories, hugs, YOU!

Many hugs and wishes to you for a wonderful, blessed, healthy NEW YEAR!

*****************************
Card recipe
Cardstock: Bazzil
Patterned paper: October Afternoon "Thrift Shop" and "Fly a Kite"
Stamps: Hero Arts "Be Happy"
Ink: Staz-on
Other: ribbon

Tools: trimmer, scissors, adhesive, nail polish, sandpaper

9 comments:

  1. This is so cute. What a wonderful bee image.
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling card, love that bee! Wishing you the best for the New Year, hope it is wonderful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being published and I adore this bright and cheery card in the middle of winter! Happy new year and wishing 2011 is a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card - a great reminder that summer will be with us eventually! Happy New Year Clare, hope its full of creativity and fun for you! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love this bee card Clare! Thanks for sharing and congratulations on the publish! Cute story with the sand paper :) and clever to use the nail polish. Hope you have a blessed year ahead!
    (JeniferAnn)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year! great card and congrats! Helene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute, fresh and happy card, Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy belated new year!! sorry that i am here so late. love your sunny card. so sweet and nice to look at on a winter day! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)