12.19.2009

birds, birds, and more birds



Hello everyone!

I have a two cards to share today - one for the DT over at Simply Scrapping, another for fun. First things first, I just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten about my tutorial blog! I've just been a little busy with the end of semester tests and such. So anyways, I'm thinking the next one will be on faux stitching...unless any of you gals has a better idea. ;)

Now for the DT sketch/twist and card...
the twist was use flowers - seriously, I almost wouldn't even call that a twist! Who among us does not like to use flowers, at least a little bit? Speak now or forever hold your peace....;)





and the lovely bird...



I had a little journaling kit from K&Company, so everything meshes together pretty well...I really was stuck with this pretty kit for a couple months, and finally I just decided I had to use that bird. ;)

And now for my other card for HFOS, ITSF, The Fresh Batch, Paper Makeup Stamps, and Color Dare,



 

Sorry the photos aren't that nice...I took these ones awhile ago. As you can see, I faux stitched the card with my absolutely, positively loved Souffle pens...seriously, don't even know how I lived without them before. ;)

And now, for the big question; do you think I could take my shop over to Etsy and actually sell some cards?
I'm asking this because I'm actually quite nervous about going over there - not sure if I would just be paying listing fees....anyways, let me know what you think - don't be afraid to give it to me hard. {bracing self} ;)

Just want to show you some pics of a bright little fella' that was hoppin' around the backyard a couple days ago...



find the tail! ;)



I think it's amazing how well his/her tail stands out, even when I'm on zoom with my dinky little camera...and don't let these photos fool you for a minute; we have snow. About three to five inches... this is the second/third bit of snow we've had. Yes, I want a white Christmas, but did the snow have to come today? I was so excited to go out with my sisters today, and now the roads are too bad. :( Oh well, now is the time to bake those cookies! :)




 ****************

Missing You recipe
Cardstock; Stampin' Up
Patterned paper; K&Company
Emellishments; K&Company
Ribbon;  unknown
Gems: Swarovksi 
Other; chipboard


Elegant Bird Cage recipe
Cardstock; Stampin' Up!
Patterned paper; Websters Pages "Postcards from Paris", "Friendly Forest"
Buttons; Joann's Essentials
Ribbon; unknown
Other; Souffle white pen, Gutermann thread



13 comments:

  1. Love that card with the black buttons! You are so creative and have a distinct style!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing with us at PMS this week! Your card is beautiful and I love that bird! Go ahead and take the jump to do ETSY. It's tough though becasue there are a LOT of card makers on there...but it's a good place for family and friends to find your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi clare! I think you should take the plunge in the Etsy shop if you are ready to "brace yourself". You never know until you actually try!! So go for it and set a plan (do have a plan B). Good luck and thanks for dropping by my blog during the Hero Arts blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love all of your cards and I really love the row of buttons on your Color Dare card! Thanks for playing along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards and lovely pictures of the cardinal! Love the buttons and the stamping on your Color Dare card. Thanks for playing along! Hope to see you again. Good luck with your venture into Etsy!
    Lori
    CD DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that pic of the cardinal! I just bought two glass ones for two of my assistants! Lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards! Thanks for playing with us at the Shoe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THanks for playing in the PMS challenge, gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. very sweet card! Thanks for playing along with our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful cards! Thanks for playing along with the PMS Makeup 4 the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards and pictures Clare!! I LOVE the elegance you always add to your cards - WOW!

    LOVE the fun pics, I too saw a red cardinal - how fun is that!

    Thanks for playing along with Stamps and Smiles, see you in 2010!

    Hugs & Smiles, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what great cards. Thanks so much for sharing and playing along with HFOS!!!
    Trish

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)