6.02.2015

Window Card // Hero Arts

Hero Arts has a new challenge on the blog - Tic-Tac-Toe! How fun is that??

Here is a Mother's Day card (at least I'll be prepared for next year!) utilizing the challenge, as well as the Simon Says Stamp challenge (anything goes)...


I finally got my hands on the Hello Stamp and Cut after waiting for what felt like forever, and lemme tell you, it's pretty hard to put this stamp set/die combo down! I love how this set covers a multitude of occasions - a solid go-to sentiment set!
For my card, to make sure the accompanying sentiment, "mother's day", didn't get lost, I heat embossed it in white on black cardstock. Then I adhered the delicate "happy" above it using Tombow liquid glue (I finally joined the Tombow bandwagon after watching dozens of Kristina Werner's videos)


I thought that The Fox Says stamp set would go perfectly with the sentiment - as one kid out of nine, I didn't get too much nuzzling time, but when I did, I loved it!
The coloring isn't too fabulous - I'll be honest, if I color with anything aside from watercolors, the results are gonna be far from perfect. But in this case, I thought the coloring worked...plus (as is always the case) I was lazy.
;)
The window was created using circle dies - I had to roll it through my Cuttlebug twice, since there were four layers of paper to cut through.


Here's the playing board...


I did the far right vertical row - heat embossing (sentiment), die cutting (sentiment) and my favorite color (for cards - pink!)

Thanks so much for stopping in today and have a beautiful day!

**************************************

2 comments:

  1. Adorable card! Such a sweet image! Wonderful design!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO sweet! I love the vellum overlay with the fox! And the background is gorgeous with the sentiment, too! Absolutely well done, Clare!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)