5.18.2014

Weaning off

...of cardmaking.
So, I've decided to post my Gallery Idol entries on my blog - I usually don't, because I usually forget and not posting also helps me forget that, once again, I lucked out. ;)
But between school, and adventuring with siblings, I just don't "stress" at all with cardmaking much lately. I'm going to go a whole semester without making cards, so I'm trying to wean off this addiction now so I don't go crazy without paper and adhesive in my hands, in the coming months. ;)


You can't tell in this photo, but the "congrats" is actually an embossed silver, which adds a nice subtle shimmer.


This card uses some pretty fab washi tape from Pinkfresh Studio - Aztec Love.
You may ask, do I love it like an Aztec? No.
But, you may also ask, do I love it like a fabulous roll of washi tape? Oh yes.


Wink of Stella. There's really no occasion not to use this fantastic stuff.


Actually, this card was an occasion to not use Wink of Stella - a little voice told me it wouldn't sit quite well with the slick washi tape.

So, none of my cards use washi tape in a remarkable or cool way, but it was fun to pull them out and put the darn things to use! I tell ya, before I had any washi tape, I was constantly coming up with cool ways to use it, and then as soon as I had a few rolls, poof! All the ideas - gone! The really crazy thing, is that when I see more pretty washi rolls online, I try convincing myself that THIS PARTICULAR roll really will get me going! It's nuts, I tell ya.

Anyways, I'm going bonkers from a whole bunch of traveling (from Madison and back again!) and work, plus, I have a project to work on (the joy of summer classes), so, thanks for stopping in and God bless!

*******************************
Card #1
Cardstock: Canson, DCWV
Stamps: Mama Elephant "Inline Letters", My Favorite Things "Best Friends"
Ink: Brilliance, Hero Arts
Other: washi tape (SEI, Stampin' Up!)

Tools: Cuttlebug, Mama Elephant Alphabet dies

Card #2
Cardstock: Canson, Bazzill
Other: washi tape (Pinkfresh Studio), thread, Wink of Stella, sequins (Michaels)

Tools: Cuttlebug, Paper Smooches Quote Tag die

Card #3
Cardstock: Canson
Stamps: Paper Smooches "Scripty Sayings", Hero Arts "Miss You So Much", Papertrey Ink "Tweet Talk"
Ink: Stazon
Other: washi tape (Stampin' Up)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome and exciting cards, Clare! Your card art will be missed, but it does sound like you are hecka busy right now. I wish you all the best! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)